Sunday, February 10, 2013

File:Dear Friends and Gentle Hearts.jpg

American Steel: Dear Friends and Gentle Hearts

2009

Fat Wreck Chords

Format I Own it On: Compact Disc

Track Listing: 1. Emergency House Party  2. Tear the Place Apart  3.Safe and Sound  4. Your Ass Ain't Laughing Now  5. The Blood Gets Everywhere  6. From Here To Hell  7. Dear Friends and Gentle Hearts  8. Lights Out  9. Bergamot  10. Where You Want To Be  11. Finally Alone  12. Meals & Entertainment


This is American Steel's fifth album and one of their best! This is their slickest album to date. So much so, that it's almost hard to even call it punk rock anymore.  It's essentially just unerringly tuneful hard rock.

I can't fathom why this isn't on the radio! I mean, why do we have to be subjected to bullshit like One Direction?!  I think if people gave music like this a chance they could get into it. Or do I just have too much faith in humanity?

One Direction at the Logies Awards 2012.jpg

Yea...too much faith...

Either way, songs like "Tear the Place Apart", "Your Ass Ain't Laughing Now" and "Where You Want to Be" are guarantee party starters! And don't even get me started on "Emergency House Party." It kills me to live in a world where Train has a long, bland, hit-filled career and American Steel crafts an album filled with nothing but thrilling immaculate hooks and languishes in obscurity. Unfair!

File:Hey Soul Sister.jpg

Time to turn off the radio, and look a little deeper...There's a lot of great music out there if you're willing to dig a little...Death to the mind-numbing brain-dead rhythmic chants of modern dance-pop!  Die, Active Rock and its mid-tempo morass of mushy moping...Let's aim for something more!

Yes, I am an old man who watches Matlock...why do you ask?

File:Matlock.png

Well, it's 8:30 pm. Time for bed...but before I go, let's check out...American Steel's "Tear This Place Apart..."

4 comments:

  1. I had last.fm internet radio on at work yesterday and they played "From Here To Hell". That's a good tune! Hey remember we talked about Foundation a while back? You can listen to their last album called "Chimborazo" on youtube. It's better than the first one I think. I bought the album about three years ago and still listen to it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "FROM HERE TO HELL-EL-ELL!" Yea that song is one of their best ones...Jens and I were looking everywhere trying to find a copy of the first foundation album, but haven't had any luck yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I was just on amazon and they have a some used copies of the first Foundation album pretty cheap! You have to go through a few pages but you will find it! I lost the cd. I just have the case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool thanks. I tried looking for it before, but the band name was so hard to find I gave up after two pages. LOL

    ReplyDelete