Wednesday, January 9, 2013

AC/DC: Who Made Who

AC/DC: Who Made Who

File:Whomadewho.jpg

1986

Atlantic Records

Format I Own it On: Vinyl

Track Listing:  1. Who Made Who  2. You Shook Me All Night Long  3. DT  4. Sink the Pink  5. Ride On  6. Hells Bells  7. Shake Your Foundation  8. Chase the Ace  9. For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

The soundtrack for a Stephen King movie nobody but me seems to like....C'mon! How can you not love this?




Or this...?



God, I loved that Green Goblin truck so much! When I was younger and would daydream about one day getting my driver's license, this is totally what I pictured myself driving...

This record is mostly songs from their previous albums, but it also contains 3 tracks recorded exclusively for the film. Two of which are instrumental.All in all, it functions as a pretty good greatest hits album. A pretty good-est hits, if you will.

The album kicks off with "Who Made Who," which is possibly my favorite AC/DC song. Very likely the poppiest thing they ever wrote but you'll hardly notice cos it rocks so much. A simple power-pop riff! A bumble-bee busy lead that buzzes across the entire song! Multiple, unforgettable hooks!

 Boner!

The instrumentals don't quite hold up as well, but they're not a total boner-killer,either. "Chase the Ace" is  a speedy rocker, and "DT," with its oddly mechanical beat, fades out exactly as it starts getting cool.

As for the rest? Well, mostly repeats form the last few albums and one stray from "Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap." I have to tell you, after listening to Brian Johnson AC/DC records all week, hearing Bon Scott sing "Ride On" again was incredibly moving. It felt like seeing an old friend...even though it had only been a week since I last heard him...

Anyway,  I used to have a tape of this back in the day, but I had all my cassettes stolen years ago and hadn't heard the album in years..


 About a year ago I found a used vinyl copy at the local FYE for about $2.99. Pretty much all the records at the local FYE are $2.99...and then they always have some deal where you buy one get one, or something along those lines. You have to be real careful though because a lot of times you'll get excited cos you found something cool but then you look at the record and realize it's all scratched to shit. Oh well...

Boy, are you guys in for a treat! Here's the video for "Who Made Who" which features  tons of clips from "Maximum Overdrive." The ATM machine never calls me an "asshole." A "broke motherfucker" maybe, but never an asshole...Enjoy...



No comments:

Post a Comment