Wednesday, January 2, 2013

AC/DC: Let There Be Rock

File:ACDC-LetThereBeRock.jpg

AC/DC: Let There Be Rock

1977

Atlantic Records

Format I Own it On: Compact Disc

Track Listing:  1.Go Down  2. Dog Eat Dog  3.  Let There Be Rock  4. Bad Boy Boogie  5. Problem Child  6. Overdose  7. Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be  8. Whole Lotta Rosie

Alright! Now we're talking! The band hits its stride here. Every song is a knockout and look!..."Problem Child" is back!

File:Problem child two poster.jpg

By the way, check out the bad-ass cover of the original Australian record....

File:Let There Be Rock.gif

True, the International cover has that inspiring image of Angus holding his SG on high, as a ray of heavenly light shines down from on high to bless his sacred shredding, but I like this cover  even better... It captures something of the dark menace of tracks like "Overdose" and "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be."

This is where the band really starts to rack up the classics too, like the high velocity title track, and their tribute to big girls, "Whole Lotta Rosie!"


File:Rosie O'Donnell 2.jpg

Let's hope they don't mean that Rosie...

Outside of the Classic Rock radio staples, I can't recall ever hearing this record until I found a used vinyl copy at a thrift store sometime around 1997. 

I no longer have that record. I moved from Michigan to Arizona in 2001 and only brought what I could fit in my car, so I jettisoned half of my record collection...which killed me! I got rid of albums I was sure I could get back easily, but there's been a few I've never been able to find again...

Like this one...




















...and this one...

File:Light of Love (T.Rex album) cover art.jpg

What were we talking about?

Oh yea...

Check out the video for "Let There Be Rock..."




No comments:

Post a Comment