Friday, January 3, 2014

Agnostic Front: Live at CBGB

File:Afront liveCBGB.jpg

Agnostic Front: Live at CBGB

1989

Relativity Records

Format I Own it on: Vinyl

Track Listing: 1. Victim in Pain  2. Public Assistance  3. United Blood  4. Friend or Foe  5. Strength  6. Blind Justice  7. Last Warning  8.Toxic Shock  9. United and Strong  10. Crucified  11. Liberty and Justice  12. Discriminate Me  13. Your Mistake  14. Anthem  15. With Time  16. Genesis  17. The Pain Song  18. Fascist Attitudes  19. The Eliminator




After listening to this again, I might have to declare it the ultimate New York Hardcore album...I don't know...Maybe I'm forgetting another obvious choice ("Age of Quarrel"? "Start Today"?) , but this album seems to have everything: Lion-hearted, muscle-headed aggression...Yellin' at bouncers...Recorded at CBGB, no less, and if I were a betting man, I'd wager it was done on a Sunday afternoon...(baby needs a new pair of combat boots...)


It also helps that the album was recorded directly after their third album, "Liberty and Justice for..." so it happens to catch them right at their peak...

File:Afront liberty.jpg

The sound is great too...Every instrument is front and center and surprisingly Roger Miret's vocals are crystal clear, which is never the case with live Hardcore albums (and often-times with studio hardcore albums). Were there studio overdubs?

 Man, who cares with a set-list and performances like this..."Crucified"? "Victim in Pain"? "Liberty and Justice"? All present and slamming.  If you want your freakin' head torn clean off the hinges on a Friday Night toss this on...I'm not kidding you...I put this on the turntable a couple months ago and seriously had to get up and start shoving around imaginary skinheads in the comfort of my bedroom...


I almost stomped on my "My Little Pony" collection in the process...This stuff is that potent....


"BLEEYOOO BLEEEYOOO BLEEEYOOO BLEHHH!!!"

If you're into the hardcore shit, you're gonna flip for this (that is, if you haven't already committed it to memory)...I couldn't take this off the stereo when I first picked this up at Revolver Records about 8 months ago...So put on your sweatiest wife-beater and lace up those Cherry Reds...

...Cos here's "Liberty and Justice" by Agnostic Front. Merry Fridaymas, everybody....







No comments:

Post a Comment