Monday, September 7, 2015

Die Kreuzen: Big Bad Days/Gone Away (Acoustic) 7-inch


















Die Kreuzen: Big Bad Days/Gone Away (Acoustic)

1991

Touch & Go Records

Format I Own it on: Vinyl

Track Listing: 1. Big Bad Days  2.Gone Away (Acoustic)


Oh man, more Kreuzen...I think I have to come to the conclusion these guys weren't very good...Maybe I'm listening to the wrong stuff, who knows...If they were a good band they wouldn't put bad shit out, so...

The A-Side reminds me of the kind of thing that hair metal bands started doing after grunge came out, but this was released slightly before grunge hit...So I guess if you're being extremely charitable you could call this slightly ahead of its time, but again, that's being extreeeeemely charitable...Still, I can't shake a distinctly Candlebox/I Mother Earth vibe...Churning, howling,  alt-metal balladry...Bleh, I forgot about this kind of music...


"Gone Away (Acoustic)" is a little better, I guess...It's more low key at least...Some nice acoustic guitar playing and quiet, low-crooned vocals...It sounds like the kind of thing a local band would toss on as the last track of their demo to demonstrate their "range"...It has a "this one's for the ladiesss..." feel...Super forgettable, but still tons better than the shrieking full-band version I just subjected myself too...I'm giving this song the "okay-ish" label...Yes, you can play open-mic night...How's that...

Here's "Gone Away (Acoustic)" by Die Kreuzen...Enjoy...





No comments:

Post a Comment