Saturday, July 25, 2015

Dayglo Abortions: Out of the Womb

Oh yea, offensive album cover alert...If yer kids are in the room or if your boss is hanging over your shoulder you might want to scroll real fast until you see the orange square safely pass you by...Until then, here's a picture of nice, innocent things...


Fluffy kitten....


Pokey Lil' Puppies...


Unsullied Girl Picking Flowers...


Nana's Homemade Cookies, Fresh Outta the Country Oven...


A Fresh Bar of Soap Without a Single Pube On It...


...Alright, get ready to scroll really fast...There's an orange album cover with a shirtless punk girl on it...Make sure all prudes have left the room and/or aren't paying attention, cos here we go, in 1...


2...

3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dayglo Abortions Out of the Womb.jpg

Dayglo Abortions: Out of the Womb

1981

Unrest Records

Format I Own it on: Vinyl

Track Listing: 1. R.B.F.'s  2. 1967  3. Scared of People  4. Black Sabbath  5. Used to Be in Love  6. I Killed Mommy  7. P.E.T.  8. I Want to Be East Indian  9. Kill the Hosers  10. Suicide  11. Too Stoned to Care  12. The Idiot  13. I Am My Own God  14. Germ Attack


If you've heard  side 2 of "Feed Us a Fetus" then you've essentially heard this album (minus 3 songs (2 depending on which version of the album you have))...I remember when I did the "Feed Us a Fetus" post, I wasn't 100% sure if these were the same versions or re-recordings...I can now tell you these are the same takes, or takes so similar that it would take someone with better ears than me to tell them apart...

 To be honest, the Dayglo Abortions are probably best enjoyed if you're a developmentally-challenged, glue-sniffing, 15-year old boy;  All raging hormones, dangerously low IQ, goldfish-like attention span, having no goal in life other than to piss off and offend each and every person on the planet...As a grown-ass man, I'm not entirely sure why I still enjoy them so much...I actually sorta consider them geniuses for their laser-like precision in offending officious tight-asses...Remember, this is a band whose juvenile sense of humor was so misanthropic they were brought on trial in their home country! Fucken A! I can only dread the day when I no longer experience the rush of adrenalin that a finely-crafted hardcore album can bring. And God help me when I no longer laugh at lines like, "We can't dance,  can't keep our hands out of our pants,  this fucking record won't make no money, cause it's so fucking stupid it's not even funny..."


Alright, here's the rundown of the songs that aren't on "Feed Us.." to help you decide if you want to pick this up in addition to "Feed Us..":

"P.E.T.": I think the only people who would enjoy this are folks who enjoy the sound of their own alarm clock going off...Just a series of beeps with a few drum crashes tossed in...I can't consider this a real song...For all the trouble they go through trying to irritate me with their music, they only time they succeed is when they don't play a note..

"I Want to Be an East Indian": Brilliantly offensive! One of my favorites on the album and there's a good reason why this song is added to some versions of "Feed Us..." You'll hate yourself for laughing at the lyrics:
"You always put me down,
 cause I only look good in orange orange orange..."
"Too Stoned to Care": A sludge-metal trudge..."Black Sabbath's" retarded little brother...Cretin just mutters "Too...Stoned...To Care..." over a repetitive riff...Kinda awesome, but nothing essential...

So, if you already own "Feed Us..." don't bother with this, unless you're fond of orange album covers with hideously scarred chicks on them...Especially if you have a copy of "Feed Us..." with "I Want to be an East Indian" on it...That said, the Unrest Records reissue I have is really nice, with a glossy poster and classy presentation...And it is fun to hear these songs in their original context and not all crammed onto Side Two of some other album, so...

Here's "I Want to Be East Indian"



No comments:

Post a Comment