Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Songs

Halloween 2014:


 Happy Halloween everybody! Here's a complete list of the songs I listened to during my own personal Halloween Friday Night Record Party...On Thursday night before bed, I raided my record collection for all the Halloween/horror related stuff I could find, and when I got home from work tonight,  I popped open a couple beers and listened to these exact songs in this exact order....(Holy shit, am I plastered, excuse the typos)...I can't vouch for the quality of these youtube tracks...I didn't pre-listen to them)...




Beach Boys: Monster Mash



Dead Kennedys: Halloween


Groovie Ghoulies: Zombie Crush



Roky Erickson:White Faces



Roky Erickson: I Think of Demons



Roky Erickson: I Walked With a Zombie (I ended up listening to so many Roky Erickson songs in a row because I was busy petting my cat Corde and couldn't really change the record)...


 King Diamond: Halloween


Warren Zevon: Werewolves of London (I'm calling this a Halloween song...Throughout I was singing to my cat, "Awoooo! Corde's of Tempe....")


Clutch: The Wolf Man Kindly Requests


Captain Beefheart: When I See Mommy I Feel Like a Mummy


The Damned : Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde


Misfits: Halloween ( Your Halloween is not complete without a listen to this song...)


Misfits: Halloween II


Bad Brains: Fearless Vampire Killers


Venom: Witching Hour


 Blue Oyster Cult: Nosferatu


Bauhaus: Mask

Michael Jackson: Thriller


Dave Edmunds: The Creature from the Black Lagoon

Madness:Swan Lake (I'm choosing to view this as a Halloween song, cos they used "Swan Lake" as the soundtrack to the original Bela Lugosi Dracula film, so bleh....)


Kinks: Wicked Annabella



Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave


Half Japanese: Thing With a Hook (youtube doesn't have this, but they perform it live in the video above)


Ramones: Pet Semetary (Sic, although I might have further Sic'ed the Sic)


The Offspring: Demons (I wish the Offspring would have kept doing horror-punk,,,)


Suicidal Tendencies: Waking the Dead


Misfits: The Haunting


Balzac: The Day the Earth Caught Fire


Lillingtons: Murder on My Mind


Misfits: Night of the Living Dead (Halloween is a great excuse to listen to a fuckton of Misfits...)


Misfits: Horror Business (We were talking about what the ultimate Misfits song was and "Horror Business" was my pick...)


Ozzy Osbourne: Bark at the Moon


Candlemass: Bewitched


Parliament: Dr. Funkenstein


The Specials: Ghost Town


Iron Maiden: Phantom of the Opera


 Iron Maiden:Transylvania (Eh, I just let it play...)


Ghost; Ghuleh/Zombie Queen (This is one of those songs that takes a few minutes to get going, but once it does...Hoo boy! Why didn't anyone think of a surf-pop/heavy metal hybrid before?)


 Dead Milkmen: Jason's Head (For Halloween's sake, I'm choosing to view this track as a song about Jason Vorhees)...

M.O.D: Man of Your Dreams (I kind of feel bad for even owning this album...It's so racist and homophobic...Damn you, nostalgia...Eh, it's got a song about Freddy Kruger...Freddy's cool...)


Samhain: Halloween II



Screeching Weasel: Nighbreed (Nightbreed is one of my favorite films and I'm super excited for the upcoming Director's Cut Blu-Ray...I'll be the first in line...)


Wait! We forgot one! "Draculina" by Alkaline Trio! Goddamn, why don't I own a copy of "Elvira" by the Oak Ridge Boys?


Alright...I'm out of Halloween stuff...I think I'm going to choose a few randoms out of the collection! Hope you had a great Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome mix of songs you picked out! The only other songs I would have added would be Dead Skin Mask by Slayer and Halloweenhead by Ryan Adams. I Think of Demons has been one of my favorite songs since you showed it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!!!! I totally forgot Slayer!!! I don't know how I did that!! I don't think I have a copy of Halloweenhead or that would have been on there too...Oh well...There's always next year....

    ReplyDelete