Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Business: Hardcore Hooligan


















The Business: Hardcore Hooligan

2003

BYO Records

Format I Own it on: Compact Disc

Track Listing: 1.Hardcore Hooligan  2.Southgate (Euro 96) 3. Terrace Lost It's Soul 4. Saturday's Heroes 5. Viva Bobby Moore  6. Maradona  7. England 5, Germany 1   8. Guinness Boys 9. Handball  10. 3 Lions 11. Boys Are Out  12. No One Likes Us


"YOU'RE JUST AN 'OOLIGAN!"

CHUKKA CHUKKA CHUKKA CHUKKA

"AN 'ARDCORE 'OOLIGAN!"

CHUKKA CHUKKA CHUKKA CHUKKA

This is an ingenious idea...Everybody knows that the highlight of every Business album is the obligatory football song (or two or three...).  "Hardcore Hooligan"  gathers them all in one place, so you get a full 32 minutes of crunching rhythms, drunken chants and general hooliganism...It's hard to believe no one's done this before...

The album is a mix of previously released takes, new re-recordings and a couple of tracks I've never run across, so as far as I know they only appear here...

"England 5 - Germany, 1" is so awesome I can't stand it...Perfectly delivers on the whole premise...A catchy  Oi! punk celebration of England's victory over Germany in the 2001 World Cup...


Apparently this song gained some popularity after being featured in some movie called "Eurotrip"...

 

(I haven't seen it...  Who knows, maybe it's the next Citizen Kane...The guy in the green shirt who looks like a retarded Matt Damon has a sort of an early-Orson Welles quality about him...)

I was very happy to find this album, mainly because it has "Maradona" on it...Back in the 90's I had the "Keep the Faith" album and I listened to all the time...


 My copy is forever lost to history and apparently the album went out of print, so I haven't been able to find a replacement..Sad face..."Maradona" was my favorite song on the record so now I can play it whenever I like and my life has improved greatly for it...


I now make millions selling commercial  real estate in Palm Beach and have a yacht full of 80's chicks in bikinis...Thank you "Maradona" by the Business!

I had no idea who the hell "Maradona" was for decades...All I knew was that he liked "shaggin 'ores" and that he was "shit."


Apparently he was a legendary Argentinian football player who used his hands to make a goal (in other words,  he cheated ) during the 1986 World Cup game...He went on to have a drug problem or something....See? This is stuff I wouldn't have ever known if it wasn't for songs by the Business...I am declaring "Hardcore Hooligan" and educational record....You should buy it for your children and play it along with their Raffi  cd's...


I don't know...I probably should be telling you to start with their earlier classic albums, but pound for pound, I'm calling this the best Business release...So put on your West Ham United jersey...



...and let's check out "England 5-Germany 1" by the Business...




No comments:

Post a Comment