Tuesday, November 22, 2016

face to face: Over It


















face to face: Over It

1994

Victory Music

Format I Own it on: Compact Disc

Track Listing: 1. I Want  2. Nothing New  3. Disconnected  4. A.O.K.  5. I Used to Think  6. Don't Turn Away  7. Not Enough


A little 20 minute stopgap release. Most of this stuff appears elsewhere (the first three tracks appeared on their debut album, and a less boxy version of "A.O.K" will make it to the album, "Big Choice," which would quickly follow this ep). The other three tracks don't appear on any of their other albums and one of them happens to be among my all time favorite face to face songs...

If nothing else, get this for "I Used to Think." Hands down, one of their best tracks: catchy as fuck and makes great use of Trever Keith's big, blustery, melodic vocals. You need this one. The other two aren't anything to sneeze at either. We have "Don't Turn Away"'s missing title track, that makes you wonder why this song wasn't on "Don't Turn Away." It's of roughly the same quality as any other song of that album. Maybe they wrote it after that album? Sort of a "Houses of the Holy" type deal? I dunno.


Oh, this is also where the 2nd version of "Disconnected" appears. I honestly can't really tell these "Over It" versions from the "Don't Turn Away" versions without listening to them back to back. I think they might just be slight remixes or something. The "A.O.K" sounds much different though.

This EP appears to be out of print for some reason, but used copies are still readily available. To me, it brings back a flood of 90's punk memories and it has "I Used to Think" on it. For those reasons, it's essential (to me anyway)...

Let's listen to some music. Here's "I Used to Think" by face to face. Enjoy...




3 comments:

  1. Man o man o man I totally forgot about this until just now! Its so freaking good! I know I probably had it at one time. Man I remember us listening to this over and over again! Another song that brings back a lot of memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me Joe that left the comment above I don't know what I did lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea. Maybe their best song. It still gets me...

    ReplyDelete