Saturday, November 14, 2015

Sacred Things Part 1

Here is a partial list of things that are sacred to me...It's a crazy world, but these items bring a sense of profound calm to me whenever I see or think of them...They are my happy place...There's definitely a  pattern, since they're mostly related to childhood in some way, other things are just totally random....I'm leaving out any glurgey items (true friendship, your wedding day, the first time I boned your mother...). We here at the Friday Night Record Party are staying true to our rigorous belief in shallow materialism...

Anyway, here is the first list of things that are sacred to me...

GPK #  113a: Alice Island


 Taco Night


The Five Doctors

 
The 2011 Samuel Adams Harvest Collection (special mention: Bonfire)


 Actual bonfires (particularly bonfires of the"King Horse" variety where Neil Young is playing in the background )...

3-Comics in a plastic bag that you used to be able to buy at the grocery store


The Origin of Teela (See also: Munchkins hatching from eggs in the Wizard of Oz (not pictured)


Bright red Princess Leia T-shirt


Faygo (in particular the Cranberry flavor they used to put out around Christmas in the 90's...)


The Ramones


Walrus Man


Spiral Notebooks

 
The Miser Brothers


Sifting through piles of used records (If I'm at your house, I will spend the entire time sifting through you music collection...Your privacy/personal space is not a sacred item on this list)


ALF on Mount Rushmore


Kurt Vonnegut books with the big "V" design on the covers... 


Those little catalogs that used to come in Star Wars toys...
 

Kiss Alive! (It's mandatory that it's played on vinyl...Kiss Alive! on CD, while still good, is not sacred...)


Iron Maiden Album Covers (Same deal as Kiss Alive!...Vinyl Only...Although Iron Maiden cassette tapes certainly have a large amount of charm to me...)


 Grainy, non-remastered, pan and scan versions of Godzilla Vs Megalon


Mix Tapes (see also: Those big bricks of blank cassettes you'd get for Christmas that you couldn't wait to fill with Black Sabbath or the Misfits)


There...I'm feeling strangely at peace again...I'll abandon the list at this point, but I may resume it at a later point when the world feels overwhelming...What are your sacred items? The things that open a gateway to your happy place?

No comments:

Post a Comment