Sunday, August 11, 2013

Bouncing Souls: How I Spent My Summer Vacation

File:The Bouncing Souls - How I Spent My Summer Vacation cover.jpg

Bouncing Souls: How I Spent My Summer Vacation

2001

Epitaph Records

Format I Own it on: Compact Disc

Track Listing: 1. That Song  2. Private Radio  3. True Believers  4. Better Life  5. The Something Special  6. Broken Record  7. Lifetime  8. Manthem  9. Break-up Song  10. Streetlight Serenade (To No One)  11. Late Bloomer  12. No Comply  13. Gone



Here's how I spent my summer vacation:



1. I started out each morning by picking up the morning paper and going to Tempe Beach Park...As you all know, Tempe, AZ is known for its fine beaches...There's no lakes or anything here, so that leaves plenty of room for all the sand...Anyway, I went to Tempe Beach Park and sat on the park bench to feed bread crumbs to the birds...Unfortunaley, there were no birds, so I fed the breadcrumbs to the bums...They really liked the sourdough and they named me Hobo Emeritus....

2.  Ahhh...There's nothing like a little summer reading...What's more relaxing than stretching out by the pool, soaking up the sun and indulging in a tightly-written novel? I got a chance to read many good books this summer...


I particularly enjoyed this paperback entitled "TV Guide." I guess it would be best described as an anthology, since there are many up-and-coming new authors who contributed to this tome...I found it to be very informative...For example, did you know that "People's Court" is not only on at 4 P.M. but also at 4 AM?!?!

3. Nothing nourishes the intellect quite like travel. I decided this year to visit some of the National Monuments that are so integral to the fabric of the American experience...



My first stop was the Liberty Bell...Does anything represent the fierce independent spirit of America so succinctly?

I then made my way to the one and only Statue of Liberty...


Possibly the most iconic of America's symbols...Standing tall in New York Harbor, this shining beacon of hope welcomes the ever-huddled masses yearning to be free...What an awe-inspiring sight...No wonder it holds the distinct honor of being the 18th hole...


What a wonderful idea that all of our Nation's treasures are stored in one convenient location! I think the picture above was the Lincoln Memorial or something...

File:The Bouncing Souls - How I Spent My Summer Vacation cover.jpg

4. I also spent my summer listening to "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" by the Bouncing Souls...I liked this record! It was  released during the summer of 2001, and it continues the fun pop-punk style of "Hopeless Romantic." Perfect for the summer months! Holy shit, "The Something Special" is a good song! Maybe their best ever... This is the most recent Bouncing Souls album I own...I did have 2003's "Anchor's Aweigh" which had a few good songs on it, but for some reason it didn't connect with me and I've never listened to the band since...How were their other albums? Anybody out there have any recommendations for a lapsed Bouncing Souls fan?


 5. I also used my free time to learn a new language. Learning Spanish was certainly a challenge, and I'm still a bit rusty, but I have learned many phrases that have been already useful:

"Soy consciente de que soy un visitante a su hermoso país y perdón por mis acciones. Te dejo humillado y avergonzado."

"El hombrecito en mi cabeza todo lo pagará."


 How did you spend your summer vacation? I fully expect a typed 15 page essay on Monday. Please ensure that you use the Times New Roman Font,  at minimum a 12 point font, double-spaced with 1-inch margins and make sure MLA format is used throughout and please, do not use yellow paper, it brings back particularly humiliating childhood memories...


So let's check out "The Something Special " by the bouncing Souls...Enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment