Friday, March 27, 2015

The Business: Saturday's Heroes



















The Business: Saturday's Heroes

1985

Taang! Records

Format I Own it on: Vinyl

Track Listing: 1. Spanish Jails  2. All Out Tonight (Remix)  3. Never Be Taken  4. Shout It Out  5. Harder Life  6. Frontline  7. Foreign Girl  8. Nothing Can Stop Us  9. Freedom  10. Saturdays Heroes  



"SAT' 'UR 'AY'S!  SAT' 'UR 'AY'S 'EROES!"

Look at that cover photo! They look like perfectly respectable, alligator-logoed, polo-shirt-clad fellows...I bet you'd never guess they were a bunch of  lager-'eaded 'ooligans! Playing burly, mid-tempo oi punk.... 

Keep in mind, I haven't heard every Business album, but I'm probably pretty close at this point...So barring any heretofore unheard-by-me electonica or hip-hop albums, I'm safe to say these guys fall into the ultra-consistent category...The AC/DC of Oi...Whenever I pick up an album by the Business I know it's going to be packed with loud guitars, terrace-ready chants and songs about football and broadly political sloganeering...But this is a good thing! I wouldn't want them to do anything else! They're so good at anthemic punk...I guarantee you'll be shouting along to each and every song on here by the second chorus, even if you've never heard the song before...



Oh yea, I should mention that the track listing on this Taang! version is more mixed up than Hogan's goat...I was a little confused on first listen but it's pretty easy to figure out once you realize the song title of each song is just whatever line they chant for the chorus...



Alright, I don't really feel like discussing the intricacies of some old Business album tonight...I'm ready to drink some Friday juice, so I'm making this extra short today: Title track good, Spanish Jails good, Business rocks, go Tottenham!




Here's "Spanish Jails" by the Biz...Happy Friday!






No comments:

Post a Comment