Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Post

This is just a Thanksgiving Post...I won't be covering any specific records or anything today... I'm too busy weaving a giant net made of bacon...


 ...and eating prodigious amounts of pie...


But I'm not here to extol the virtues of gluttony (of which there are many), I'm here to involve you in a meaningful dialogue...Last night we were sitting around, pounding beers and knocking ourselves out trying to think of Thanksgiving songs (without actually googling the subject)..





..."Over the River and Through the Wood" is usually the song most strongly associated with the holiday, but I can't see myself getting blasted on cans on Thanksgiving eve and rocking out to this. So here's a list of all the Thanksgiving songs I know of...If you  can think of any others, feel free to chip in and I'll update the list...


"Wishbone" by Clutch was the first one we thought of, mainly because I just did the post for the "The Elephant Riders" album a coupla days ago...It mentions a few other holidays too, but Thanksgiving is the most prominent in my mind...Probably because I strongly associate the wishbone with the Thanksgiving turkey...But I guess we also always ate turkey at Christmas too, but I don't think everyone does...I think a lot of people eat a Christmas Ham or something...But I always associate ham with Easter and so on and so forth...



"The Best Thanksgiving Ever" by Dead Milkmen sprung to mind pretty quick, too...This was originally on the "If I Had a Gun" single, but I couldn't find the full version on youtube with "Bitchin' Camaro" tacked on at the end, and I'm too busy to make my own video this morning, like I said, bacon net...



Adam Sandler's "Thanksgiving Song," was also a no-brainer...

  1.  
Oh yea, and Ray Davies' Thanksgiving Day"...




And who can forget listening to all 18 minutes of "Alice's Restaurant" on the radio every Thanksgiving day? I don't know if radio stations still do this, but when I was a kid, they would invariably play this Arlo Guthrie track, and later in the day they'd usually toss in a few Christmas songs to get us pumped for the next holiday...

And that's about all the Thanksgiving songs I can think of! Well, it's about that time to dress like Pilgrims and go hang out at the K-Mart Eatery...Happy Thanksgiving, folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment